CHOCOLATE CHIP ORANGE SHORTBREAD (SOME DRIZZLED, SOME DIPPED!)
Yield: 15-25 biscuits, depending on size Time: 1 hour
200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
100g golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
300g plain flour, sifted
zest of one orange
100g milk chocolate chips
1 Terry's Chocolate Orange, or 150g orange chocolate (optional)
- Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and orange zest until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in cling film. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat your oven to 160C fan / 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and roll out your chilled dough to about 5mm thick. You can use any size cookie cutter you like, or even a the top of a glass! Place your cut-out biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes until starting to golden around the edges. Leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- If you're using orange chocolate, gently melt it until you have an easy runny consistency! Then either drizzle over your biscuits with a fork, or dip them in and leave to set on a baking sheet.
Adapted from What Jessica Baked Next.