CRUNCHIE ROCK ROAD
Yield: 25 large pieces, 40 bite-size pieces
300g milk chocolate, broken up
200g dark chocolate, broken up
175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g shortbread fingers, chopped into small pieces
90g Crunchie bars, chopped into pieces
75g honeycomb pieces (I bought mine from Waitrose)
50g bronze sugar pieces (also from Waitrose)
edible gold stars to decorate (optional)
+ Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the two types of chocolate along with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a low heat.
- Whilst the above are melting, chop up your shortbread fingers and Maltesers.
- Remove your chocolate mixture from the heat and allow to cool a little (otherwise your Maltesers will melt!).
- Add in your chopped ingredients and two thirds of the honeycomb pieces, stirring well.
- Pour into your tin. Top with the remaining honeycomb, and sprinkle with edible gold dust.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, before cutting into squares.
Rocky Road has become a Christmas tradition for my cousins. There's a bit of a series in the making:
ONE YEAR AGO: Yellow Rock Road
TWO YEARS AGO: Malty Rocky Road