BROWN SUGAR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Yield: 18 small cookies
110g unsalted butter, softened
220g soft brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
185g plain flour, sifted
200g milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, salt and baking soda until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into ping pong-sized balls and chill for at least half an hour, preferably an hour.
- Heat your oven to 175C Fan.
- Place on a baking tray a few inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Adapted from Butter Baking.