NUTELLA-FILLED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Yield: 25-30 cookies
220g (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
165g (3/4 cup) soft brown sugar
220g (1 cup) golden caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
525g (4 cups) plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
285g (1 1/2 cups) milk chocolate chips
1 jar of Nutella, refrigerated (you'll use about half)
Heat your oven to 175C fan / 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
- Add the egg mixture in two halves until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda gently until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into balls. Flatten each one in the palm of your hand, and then place a teaspoon of Nutella in the centre. Fold the edges of the cookie dough up around the Nutella, pinching together to seal it in, and then roll it gently between the palms of your hands to form dough balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Leave to firm up on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Eat hot or cold!
Adapted from Butter Baking.