CHEWY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT COOKIES
Yield: 20 cookies
225g (1 cup) unsalted butter
165g (3/4 cup) soft brown sugar
165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g (2 cups) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
150g (2 cups) desiccated coconut
300g (1 1/2 cups) white chocolate chips
Heat your oven to 170C fan / 375F / 190C.
Line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda, and add the salt.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet batter until combined.
- Pour in the desiccated coconut and white chocolate chips, and mix in.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Leave the cookies to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from: Joanne Eats Well With Others