BANANA NUT MUFFINS
Yield: 18 muffins
250g (2 cups) plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas
220g (1 cup) light brown sugar
170g (1 1/2 sticks / 3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g pecans, chopped
Heat your oven to 170C fan / 375F / 190C.
Line a muffin tray with cases.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Mash half of the bananas so that they still have a bit of texture, and set aside.
- Whip the remaining bananas with the sugar until light and frothy - about 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined, being sure not to over mix.
- Fold in the pecans and mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon into the muffin cases, and bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
Adapted from: Tyler Florence