MILK AND DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Yield: 12-15 cookies, depending on size
150g unsalted butter
125g soft light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
300g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150g milk chocolate chips
150g dark chocolate chips
+ Heat your oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and set to one side to cool slightly.
- Measure out the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the melted butter over the top and mix together.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Slowly fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until just blended, and then gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on your baking sheet approximately 3in apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and still soft in the middle. Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Adapted from: Nigella Kitchen p256