Friday, 7 March 2014
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies
Yield: 20-40 cookies, depending on size
480g plain flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
285g unsalted butter
350g light brown sugar
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
150g frozen raspberries, chopped up
150g white chocolate chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together until light and creamy - about five minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
4. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Stir in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
7. Scoop into balls.
8. Refrigerate your cookie dough balls for at least half an hour, as it adds to the chewiness.
9. Heat the oven to 175C fan. Cook on a baking tray for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges, but still soft in the middle.
10. Leave to cool on the baking tray for ten minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.