Monday, 24 March 2014
Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
280g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
280g unsalted butter
4 medium eggs (or 3 large ones)
280g caster sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
125g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
160g peanut butter chips (I used Reese's)
+ Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan.
+ Butter and line a 23cm square tin.
1. Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Place to one side to cool.
2. Mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until light and frothy.
3. Once cooled, fold in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
4. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
5. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
6. Pour into your baking tin and cook for 20-25 minutes. I love my brownies to be ridiculously gooey, so I take them out at 20 minutes. The top should be crisp but the middle will be moist. For firmer, easier-to-eat brownies, leave them in for a few minutes longer. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool before cutting up.