Monday, 10 March 2014
Banana Bread with Walnuts
Source: Paul Hollywood's How to Bake, p233
3 large (or 4 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
250g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, softened
2 medium eggs
250g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
120g walnut pieces
+ Pre-heat oven to 190C, or 170C fan.
+ Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
1. Cream together the bananas and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add the butter and beat until combined.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour with each.
4. Sift in the remaining flour and baking powder, and fold in carefully.
5. Fold in the walnuts.
6. Spoon the mixture into your loaf tin, spreading evenly to the sides. Bake for forty minutes, or until a knife comes out clean (mine took fifty minutes, and burnt a little!). Remove from the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.