YELLOW ROCK ROAD
Yield: 25 large pieces, 40 bite-size pieces
260g milk chocolate, broken up
180g dark chocolate, broken up
175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g shortbread fingers, chopped into small pieces
135g Maltesers, chopped into quarters
125g honeycomb pieces (I bought mine from Waitrose)
50g bronze sugar pieces (also from Waitrose)
edible gold dust to decorate (optional)
+ Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the two types of chocolate along with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a low heat.
- Whilst the above are melting, chop up your shortbread fingers and Maltesers.
- Remove your chocolate mixture from the heat and allow to cool a little (otherwise your Maltesers will melt!).
- Add in your chopped ingredients and two thirds of the honeycomb pieces, stirring well.
- Pour into your tin. Top with the remaining honeycomb, and sprinkle with edible gold dust.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, before cutting into squares.
Rocky Road has become a Christmas tradition for my cousins, so if you'd like some other options then please take a look at these ones!
NEXT YEAR: Frosty Rock Road (coming soon)
ONE YEAR AGO: Malteser Rocky Road