Jamie's Bloomin' Brilliant Brownies
Adapted from: Jamie Oliver
Yield: 9 large squares
250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
200g 70% dark chocolate (I use Green & Blacks)
80g cocoa powder, sifted
65g plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
360g caster sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a liberal sprinkling of chocolate chips (I used dark, milk and white!)
+ Preheat oven to 180C.
+ Line a 25cm square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
1. Melt together the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Pour the melted mixture into the dry mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Beat in the eggs until you have a silky consistency. Add the vanilla and beat again.
5. Stir in your chocolate chips.
6. Pour mixture into your waiting cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is firm and springy but the middle is still gooey! Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.