Dark and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 20-40 cookies, depending on size
480g plain flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
285g unsalted butter
350g light brown sugar
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g milk chocolate chips
200g dark chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set to one side.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together until light and creamy - about five minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
4. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Mix the dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Scoop into balls and refrigerate for at least half an hour (it adds to the chewiness!).
8. Heat the oven to 175C fan. Place your cookie dough balls two inches apart on a baking tray and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges but still soft in the middle.
9. Leave to cool on the baking tray for ten minutes (if you try to take them off straight away they'll fall apart!) before transferring to a wire rack.