Double Chocolate Muffins
(Source: Call me cupcake!)
Yield: a dozen large muffins
300g plain flour
80g cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
250g caster sugar
100g butter, melted
2 large eggs
150g dark chocolate, chopped
+ Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan).
+ Line a muffin tray with paper cups.
1. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set to one side.
2. Combine sugar, butter, buttermilk and eggs until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in your dry ingredients until just combined.
4. Stir in 3/4 of chocolate chunks.
5. Spoon into your muffin cases, and top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean.