Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield: a dozen muffins
130g unsalted butter, room temperature
130g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
130g self-raising flour, sifted
75g white chocolate chips
125g fresh raspberries, cut into quarters
+ Preheat oven to 180C.
+ Fill your muffin tray with cases.
1. Combine the butter and sugar and beat until light and creamy, approximately five minutes.
2. Add the eggs a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
3. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Sift in the flour until just combined, adding a tablespoon or two of hot water if the mixture isn't dropping off the spoon.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. So as not to crush the raspberries by stirring them into the mixture, I spooned a little mixture into each muffin case and placed raspberry quarters in by hand, topping with more mixture and then repeating the process. It was a little more time-consuming than simply stirring them in, but I think it was worth it. It also prevented them from sinking to the bottom!
7. Bake for 16-19 minutes until golden brown on top and the knife comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.