Thursday, 2 May 2013
Chocolate Chip Oat Blondies
(Source: Nigella Lawson's 'Kitchen')
200g porridge oats (not instant)
100g plain flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150g unsalted butter (room temperature)
100g light muscovado sugar
1 x 397g can condensed milk
180g dark chocolate chips
+ Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
+ Line a square tin (approx 23cm) with greaseproof paper.
1. Mix together the oats, flour, and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl before setting to one side.
2. In a second bowl (or mixer) beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy (up to five minutes), before adding in the condensed milk and mixing once again.
3. Add in the flour and oat mixture until well mixed.
4. Beat in the egg.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Smooth into your tin and cook for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven. The top should be golden brown, the middle still alarmingly wobbly (it'll set as it cools!). Leave in the tin until fully cooled before removing and cutting into squares.