Tuesday, 5 March 2013
Milk Chocolate Chunk and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Yield: 25 medium-sized cookies
330g (2 cups) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
175g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
170g (1 cup) light brown sugar
115g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
250g milk chocolate, cut into chunks
150g peanut butter chips
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt, and set to one side.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the melted butter, light brown sugar, and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
4. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips by hand.
6. Divide the dough into balls (a little bigger than a golf ball) and refrigerate for at least an hour.
7. After your dough has chilled, heat the oven to 175C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
8. Place your cookie dough balls on the tray, two-three inches apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges but still soft in the middle.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool slightly.
10. Eat warm!