Nutella and Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies
(from Cookin' Canuck)
Yield: 24 blondies
185g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g butter, melted and cooled
300g light brown sugar
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
4 teaspoons vanilla
135g chocolate chips
115g cream cheese, softened
+ Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
+ Line a 13x9in tin with foil, leaving it to hang over the edges.
1. Whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, two eggs and vanilla.
2. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, Nutella and egg yolk.
4. Transfer blondie mixture to tin and spread evenly.
5. Drop Nutella mixture by spoonfuls over the top and swirl in with the back of a small knife.
6. Bake until the knife comes out with a few crumbs, about twenty-five to twenty-eight minutes.
7. Leave to cool completely before taking out of the tray and cutting into squares.