Thursday, 17 January 2013
Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Blondies
(From Rachel Allen's 'Bake')
Yield: 12 squares
125g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100g butter, room temperature
150g peanut butter
175g soft light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
75g white chocolate, broken up
+ Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
+ Grease and line an 8x8in (20x20cm) square tin.
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and peanut butter until very soft.
3. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate and mix to form a dough.
5. Scoop the dough into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the tin before removing and cutting into squares.