MALTY ROCK ROAD
300g milk chocolate, broken up
200g dark chocolate, broken up
175g unsalted butter
200g shortbread fingers, chopped into small pieces
150g Maltesers, chopped into quarters
75g mini marshmallows, cut into halves (I used vegetarian ones from Whole Foods!)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (like this one)
+ Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. If using a foil tin, it's ready to go as is!
- Melt the two types of chocolate with the butter in a bowl over a low heat.
- Whilst the above are melting, chop up your shortbread fingers, mini marshmallows, and Maltesers.
- Remove your chocolate mixture from the heat and allow to cool a little (otherwise both your Maltesers and marshmallows will melt).
- Add in your chopped ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour into your tin, and refrigerate for at least an hour, before cutting into squares. Dust with icing sugar if you so wish.
Rocky Road has become a Christmas tradition for my cousins, so if you'd like some other options then please take a look at these ones!
TWO YEARS LATER: Frosty Rock Road (coming Christmas 2014)
ONE YEAR LATER: Yellow Rock Road