WHITE CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY MUFFINS
Yield: 12 medium-sized muffins
130g unsalted butter, room temperature
130g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2-3 drops vanilla extract
130g self-raising flour
75g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks (or just use chips, if you prefer)
75g raspberries, cut into pieces
+ Heat the oven to 180C.
+ Lay out a dozen medium muffin cases.
- Blend the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy - about five minutes.
- Add the eggs, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, until just combined. Add a tablespoon or two of hot water if necessary, so that the mixture drops off the spoon.
- Mix in the chocolate and raspberries.
- Fill the muffin cases until 2/3 full, and bake for 17 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely (if your patience is better than mine).