Sunday, 28 October 2012
Talie's Banana Bread
145g unsalted butter, room temperature
190g soft brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
280g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
+ Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan.
+ Butter and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin (mine is 3" deep).
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and smooth (3-5 minutes).
2. Add the eggs, a little at a time.
3. Mix in the mashed bananas.
4. Add the cinnamon.
5. Fold in the sifted flour.
6. Pour into your loaf tin and bake for forty-five minutes to an hour, depending on your oven. If a knife comes out clean then it's done!
(I used to bake mine for an hour and with foil over the top for the first forty minutes, as otherwise it would burn. I've since learnt that 180C = 160C fan, and it makes much better now. Your oven might be nicer to you, so feel free to experiment!)